About This Episode
In this episode, I discuss the impact of the VET Reform and how you can have your say in it, including the standards, quality issues and future workforce requirements. Also, how exactly is VET Reform going to affect you?
VET Reform is the biggest thing to happen to the industry since we moved from state regulation to national regulation. Nowadays the government and the regulator have more teeth because it’s moved from a framework to legislation. If you don’t want to leave yourself exposed to non-compliance and you want to have a say in how you are judged in future, listen to the show!
In this episode you will learn:
- What changes we need to be ready for
- Why August 21 is an important deadline
- The viability of the VET market
- Why we need a benchmarking guide
- The implications of micro-credentialing
- How to improve the quality of VET in schools
- How we can raise the standard of training
- Why younger people are put off apprenticeships
- The inconsistency of ASQA auditing and how we can change this
- How to have your say in the future of compliance
- Why VET Reform is necessary and what opportunities it presents
The VET Reform is going to have a huge impact on the VET Sector, have you voiced your opinion yet and provided feedback in the latest Skills Reform Surveys?
For more information about the Skills Reform and how you can get involved, go to: https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-reform-consultation
One of the top non-compliance at an ASQA Audit is often the Trainers Matrix and this is due to a lack of knowledge on what should be included within the Trainers Matrix and how to ensure that it is compliant. What we often find is that the Trainers Matrix does not...
There is a change with how we are regulated, and it is for the better!As the national VET Regulator, ASQA's role is to ensure quality vocational education and training so that students, employers, the community and governments can have confidence in the integrity...
So, you've decided to launch an RTO. This is a big journey to go on when you decide you want to start an RTO, And for those that are already in the training industry, you know how difficult it can be to maintain your ongoing compliance.Starting an RTO is not like...